Do you like to build things? Are you comfortable working on a project until all the pieces fit together? If you answered yes, the Building Trades and Construction Industry Sector may hold the career for you. The four pathways provide opportunities with a variety of construction skills, directly associated with completing building projects. High school curriculum in this sector integrates academic and technical preparation and leads to hands-on, work-based instruction offering opportunities in work experience, community classroom, or other internship types of instruction.
Degrees & Certificates at ARC
The STRIPE Pre-apprenticeship program teaches you basic construction skills and introduces the building trades.
- Green Pre-Apprenticeship
- Infrastructure Pre-Apprenticeship
- Utilities Worker Pre-Apprenticeship
In an apprenticeship, you’ll receive on-the-job training, paid employment, and instruction in many industrial processes and building methods.
- Carpenters Apprenticeship
- Drywall/Lathing Apprenticeship
- Electrical Apprenticeship
- Electrical Residential Apprenticeship
- Ironworker Apprenticeship
- Residential/Commercial Electrician Trainee
- Sheet Metal Apprenticeship
- Sheet Metal Residential
- Sheet Metal Service Technician Apprenticeship
- A.A. Carpenter Apprenticeship
- A.A. Drywall/Lathing Apprenticeship
- A.A. Electrical Apprenticeship
- A.A. Ironworker Apprenticeship
- A.A. Sheet Metal Apprenticeship
- A.A. Sheet Metal Service Technician Apprenticeship
This program prepares you to be a diesel technician and specialize in areas such as diesel engine repair, hydraulics, and electrical. Diesel Technology covers a wide variety of skills where you also will learn to plasma-cut, fabricate, and even weld.
- Diesel Technology
- Clean Diesel Technology
- A.S. Diesel Technology
In this nationally accredited program you will master welding techniques such as gas metal arc, flux cored arc, gas tungsten arc, and shielded metal arc welding. You’ll get hands-on with the equipment, and learn testing, safety and blueprint reading.
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding Plate and Pipe
- Welding Metallurgy and Inspection
- A.S. Welding Technology
Solar Energy Technology
Looking for something that is current and also valuable for the environment? Get training in all aspects of solar system design and photovoltaic panels including sales, estimation, installation, and repair.
- Solar Energy Systems Design, Estimation & Sales
- Solar Energy Technology